If you have been using Cydia Impactor in recent times, you may have noticed that the app is constantly flooded with errors that make it difficult to sideload IPAs. This is what ReProvision aims to solve.
Before we get into more details about the app and how to use it, it’s important to know what it is.
What is ReProvision?
ReProvision is a tool that is specifically designed to help users sign IPA files on their devices. It aims to make the process of signing IPAs using Cydia Impactor painless. You don’t have to ensure apps being revoked and prompts about an app-specific password.
Aside from the signing in of apps, you’ll be delighted to know that the app provides:
- Automatic re-signing of apps on (or before) the expiration of the certificates.
- Automatically checks and warns you if any apps need re-signing
- Installing IPA files through apps such as Safari
- A 3D touch menu for re-signing apps right from the home screen
- Re-sign and install apps without entering your Apple ID
Now that you’ve known what to expect, you can now learn how to install it on iOS.
How to download and install ReProvision
You can find and install ReProvision from its official repo by following the steps highlighted here:
- Launch Cydia and open Sources
- Tap Edit and Add incendo.ws which is the source that contacts ReProvision
- Once installed, search for ReProvision
- Tap to install its package
- Restart the Springboard
- On your browser, open applied.apple.com
- Go to the Security section and click Generate Password
- In the pop-up that appears, add the label MyApp and click Create
- Copy the password shown
- Go to the home screen and open ReProvision
- Enter your Apple ID and the password generated above
You are now ready to start using the app to sign your IPA files. The signing process isn’t hard either.
How to sign an app on iOS using ReProvision
- Open Safari browser on your iOS device
- Find and download an IPA file of your choice
- Launch ReProvision and click Open
- Click Install to sideload the application
- Once the app is installed, go to Settings > General > Profiles and Device Management and tap to trust the app developer’s certificate.
Hopefully, you will find ReProvision more useful in installing and re-signing apps. Check out the latest versions of the app to find out about new improvements.