Kodi is a cross-platform open-source media player that opens a variety of files like music, videos, podcasts, and photos. The formerly known XBMC (Xbox Media Center) offers much customization for your streaming experience and viewing capabilities from other sites like Amazon, YouTube and Spotify.
How to remove Kodi from Mac
If you already have the application on your Mac, you can opt to remove it. Here is a short guide on how to completely remove Kodi from Mac.
- Go to Application folder in the Finder
- Move Kodi app to Trash by long-pressing and dragging
- Next step is to remove all service files of application left on your Mac hard drive.
- Go to the hidden Library folder.
- Check subfolders of the Kodi application
Kodi delete using applications remover
- You can use professional removal tools e.g. App Cleaner & Uninstaller. These will need another install but can guarantee total removal of the Kodi app.
- Follow the next steps to uninstall Kodi with the uninstalling tool provided by the uninstaller you have chosen.
- Run the program to start scanning the Application folder.
- Find Kodi from the list of applications
- Select Kodi
- Click the Remove button.
Here is a guide on how to download Kodi on Mac
- You go to your Safari web browser and search Kodi. From the search results download Kodi.
- When the download is completed, drag the Kodi icon into your Applications folder. This enables you to install Kodi on your Mac.
- Open the Kodi application. There may be challenges when doing this depending on your Gatekeeper settings. Normally, a message showing you that Kodi “can’t be opened due to being sourced from an unidentified developer will surface. You troubleshoot this by right-clicking (CMD + click)
- Go back to Kodi app and Open it. This should override the unidentified developer blocking feature.
- If this short cut proves difficult, go to your Security & Privacy section of System Preferences.
- Choose “Allow applications downloaded from:” Then Select “Anywhere”.
- This should allow Kodi to open, and you can enjoy streaming, playing videos, music or listen to podcasts.
There you have it a complete guide on how to install Kodi on your Mac. After installation of Kodi, it’s important to return back and return your security settings to prohibit further undisclosed applications form installation. Kodi can be installed in other iOS devices and still deliver the same high-quality performance.