It’s rare to find malware on a Mac. Although this doesn’t mean viruses can’t attack a Mac. It’s essential to take precaution by ensuring your Flash Drive is free from malware. Even so, the security of your device depends on your ability of how to scan a flash drive for viruses on Mac. Whether you want to know how to remove a virus on a Mac
Scanning for Virus on USB Flash Drive on Mac
You should do a virus scan to be sure your USB drive data and the system are safe.
- Install ClamXav anti-virus and malware scanner for Mac
- Insert your flash drive in your Mac and right-click it
- Select the scan option to complete the process.
NOTE- ClamXav isn’t the only virus scanner for Mac. There are other options which include; VirusBarier Pro and Malwarebytes which can detect Mac USD virus.
How to Detect a Virus on a Mac
A Mac doesn’t have many viruses like Widows. Above all, they do exist. Use a malware tool to detect viruses on your Mac.
- Install CleanMyMac X or any of the above apps
- Launch the app
- Click on the Malware removal button
- Click Scan
If there is any virus, remove.
Check this too: How to play 8 ball pool on iPhone message
How to Delete a Virus App on a Mac
- Open Finder then click the Finder application on your dock
- Click on Applications
- In the Finder left pane, click on Applications
- Find the app containing the virus and delete
- Click Empty Trash
How to Remove Virus from Pendrive in Mac
- Drag the items you want to delete to the trash.
- Empty the trash with the pen drive still attached.
- Ensure the drive is formatted as FAT32.
- If it’s NTFS, install a driver to change the drive’s contents from Mac OS X.
You can also scan the Pendrive using your preferred anti-virus to know if it’s free from virus.
- Scan your Pendrive
- Format it.
That is how to scan a flash drive for viruses on Mac. Get a scan now and see what it says.