You’ve probably jailbroken your device using the latest iOS jailbreak and you’re trying to load a tweaked IPA when you come across the error Provision.cpp:173 Please sign in with an app-specific password. Needless to say, this error can be very inconveniencing.
Error cpp:173 on Cydia Impactor is brought about by a password issue. You’re probably trying to use your Apple ID account details on the app and that’s why it is giving this error. The solution is to use an app-specific password or disable two-factor authentication.
Follow any of these steps to fix the error:
Generate an app-specific password
To generate an app-specific password on iOS:
- On your browser, visit the Apple ID account page and sign in
- Under security and just below App-Specific Passwords, select Generate Password
- Follow the steps outlined by the wizard to generate your password
Once you have got your password, you can now use it to enter the app before you proceed with loading the tweaked app.
Read Also: Fix Cydia Impactor Provision.cpp:138 MaxQuantity Error
If this method hasn’t worked for you then you should try out the following fix.
Turn off two-factor authentication
Follow this guide to disable two-factor authentication on your iOS or iPad device:
- Open Settings and click on your profile (name)
- Select Password & Security
- Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication and tap Continue
The settings above apply for iOS 10.3 or later. If you are using iOS 10.2 or earlier, follow the steps below:
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud
- Scroll to your Apple ID, tap and select Password & Security
- Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication
- Tap Continue
If you have followed this guide then you’ve managed to turn off two-factor authentication and fix the provision.cpp:173 error. You should now be able to load your apps to your iOS device using Cydia Impactor.
Check out the rest of our site, Jailbreak Coach, for the latest news and tips on jailbreaking and downloading tweaked apps.