With the new jailbreak, most people have been struggling to find the best tweaks to install. While there are plenty of IPAs out there, installation can only be done using a few tools -the most popular of them being Cydia Impactor.
In recent times, users have been complaining about Cydia Impactor getting stuck on verifying applications. No matter what they do, it always seems like the bug won’t go away. So, what causes this problem and how can you solve it on your device?
Well, when Cydia Impactor is stuck on verification, it means that your iPhone doesn’t allow Cydia Impactor to write the application on its memory. The most common reasons for this hitch include:
- There’s a limit preventing you from sideloading more than 3 unsigned apps
- You are using an old version of Cydia Impactor
- Your IPA isn’t working properly
- You’ve enabled airplane mode on your device
- Your internet connection isn’t working properly
- You’ve enabled 2-step verification
Read Also: Cydia Impactor Provision.cpp:81 error – How to fix
Steps to fix Cydia Impactor stuck on verifying application error
Use the following steps to solve the error:
Get the Apple Dev package
There is a limit to the number of apps you can sideload on your iOS device. At the moment, you can only sideload 3 apps. This means that Cydia impactor won’t be able to install more than 3 apps for any device.
If this is the issue you are facing, you need to subscribe to the Apple Developer Program for you to be able to sideload unlimited apps. However, this will cost you about USD 99 annually, which isn’t really ideal for many.
Delete existing sideloaded apps
In some instances, you can delete apps that you have sideloaded for you to sideload more. To do this, open Xcode and locate specific App IDs then delete them. Check if there are similarly named apps and remove them too. Once you’re done, you can sideload new apps.
Use a different device
Since the limit is enforced on a device as a specific ID is given to devices to prevent them from sideloading more apps, the easiest option is to switch to another Apple device. The problem with this method is that you’ll still face the same issue once you’ve sideloaded 3 apps.
Disable 2-step verification
If you haven’t sideloaded anything yet you are experiencing this error, you need to disable 2-step verification. Do the following:
- Open Settings
- Tap your Apple ID
- Select Password & Security
- Tap Turn Off Two Factor Authentication
- Tap Continue
Read Also: Fix Cydia Impactor Provision.cpp:138 MaxQuantity Error
To turn off 2-factor authentication from your Mac or PC:
- Visit appleid.apple.com on your browser
- Sign in to your account using your computer and browser
- Go to Security then click Edit
- Find Two Factor Authentication and turn it Off then click to verify
- Create security questions
- Open your email and click the confirmation link sent by Apple
Revoke Cydia Impactor certificates or wait for expiry
You can either revoke Cydia Impactor certificates or wait until they expire before you try sideloading new apps. To revoke the certificates, follow these steps:
- Launch Cydia Impactor
- Click Xcode
- Select Revoke Certificates
- Enter your Apple ID and click OK
- Enter your password and click OK
Have you managed to stop the Cydia Impactor stuck on verifying applications error? Let us know which solution from the above worked for you. If you have more suggestions, share with us in the comment section below.
Read Also: Fix Cydia Impactor provision.cpp:173 app-specific password error